Database Systems Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals to join our Database Systems Engineering team, responsible for all systems and storage devices in Structure Storage SRE Group of Apple Internet Services Organization. Are you looking for a position that is focused on SAN administration? Have you developed functioning tools for automation and monitoring and deployed and maintained Linux servers and external flash storage appliances? We're seeking a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- You have a minimum of 5 years working within IT or Cloud large scale environments and having strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Networks, Oracle software stack, and NoSQL databases will be an added plus.
- You have experience with shell scripting, or any other high level languages scripting such as Perl, Python, Ruby (preferred).
- Large scale and high volume storage in SAN with IB or FCP
- You are familiar with Java Runtime Environment Applications
- You are a highly motivated individual with exceptional social and communication skills, & strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities include: Configuration, provisioning on FCP and Infiniband multi-path devices. Working with general linux administration and setup. Working with configuration management such as Puppet, Verdad Responsible for deploying deeply large numbers of linux servers. Performance review and troubleshooting complex SAN storage sub system with Oracle and Oracle RAC running Oversee and collaborate with developers, DBAs, network engineers, and EPMs on regular basis to build new environments or projects for new products.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.