Wireless System Test Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organisation and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you
- 5+ year of experience
- Knowledge of cellular technologies (LTE, UMTS, GSM, Wifi and bluetooth), data networking and troubleshooting techniques are required.
- Deep understanding of wireless communication software/firmware architecture
- Past work experience in projects involving performance evaluations, feature testing and power improvements
- Deep understanding of wireless standards: (including but not limited to 3GPP, IEEE 802.11ax, 802.11ad, IP, TCP/UDP) and their application on End to end product design.
- Expertise in using network simulators to reproduce complex field scenarios
- Thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers
- Track record of innovations and brining new ideas to mass productions
- Expertise in automation using python or other scripting languages
We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals and baseband optimizations. You will be required to develop advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on ground breaking cellular technologies, then we are looking for you. As part of this team you'll be impacting iPhone user experience in 100+ countries by engaging in continuous process improvements for a well-tested and robust software.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.