Data Ops - Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms TechOps Team is seeking a Tech Operations Manager for a phenomenal opportunity in the digital/mobile advertising space. This person is responsible for day to operations and support for the end to end ad platforms that power the realtime analytics and insights to our Advertising. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- 10+ years dynamic experience in a NOC, Tech Operations, or Tier 2/Tier 3 Technical Support role
- Develops a team of NOC/ SME / Operations engineers and manages their allocation to Projects
- Have a passion for Big Data and Cloud technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Kafka,Solr, NoSQL, AWS, Private Cloud, Autoscaling, containerisation etc.)
- Coordinate modifications, support, and additions to products and applications with Developers and Support Staff, as well as working with external Apple teams in debugging and resolving issues related to the network, internet, databases, etc.
- Introduce new technologies and roll-out new products and systems in coordination with other Technical Support staff.
- Provide technical assistance on operational issues affecting key production areas.
- Server patch/update management
- Maintain channels of communication with Internal Team(s) and other Managers to ensure prompt technical support of any and all related problems.
- Coordinate support administration with all internal and Third Party technical teams
- Follow defined standards to resolve specific sets of incidents/problems
- Raise issues within the defined standards and SLA’s
- Understanding of Unix, Linux server administration basics.
- Experience with Monitoring Tools, Splunk, Java, SQL, Python, Scripting, HTML, Puppet
Leads a team of Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps engineers and owns the site-up architecture Drives the evaluation and implementation of new versions, fixes, and capabilities of tools and technologies and facilitates their adoption in Products Defines and articulates best practices and design patterns to improve quality and productivity Should participate in rotational on-call (during PST hours) Actively drives technology/framework related projects, new product evaluations, POCs Works closely with Engineering, Product and other multi-functional teams in delivering projects that use the Hadoop and related Framework
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master's degree preferred.
- • Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. • Ability to perform analysis, define new processes and drive technology initiatives and projects. • Experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to implementing change in a Global environment.