Lead Software QA Engineer - India Localization
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Our QA Team in Hyderabad is looking for a proven leader to play an important part in revolutionizing how people use their Apple Software in India. Are you passionate about ensuring the highest quality Localized Software and Siri experience for users throughout India? Do you want to collaborate closely with teams across Apple Software Engineering to improve Apple’s Software and Siri experience? A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. The Maps team is developing tools to analyze, visualize, process, manage and curate data at large scale. We are looking for engineering leaders who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies, QA mindset, and Software Engineering processes
- Self-motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching and changing priorities
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time and with high quality
- In-depth knowledge of Apple’s Software and Siri technology
- 6+ years of QA Engineering or Software Engineering experience
Apple's Localization Engineering Team is seeking a high-energy and detail-oriented Lead Software QA Engineer of Localization to execute, drive and organize Software and Siri testing across various Indic languages and features, and to play a central role in ensuring the best Software and Siri experience for our India customers. We are looking for someone with the ambition to manage and grow our automation and test team in a highly efficient way, and to make sure we get the best possible results in the given time frames. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with software quality, tools and automation, and general management, and be able to optimize across resources, automation, risk and time to deliver the best software testing in the world, on schedule. RESPONSIBILITIES: Take the lead and be personally responsible for ensuring our testing for various features across a variety of software platforms and Indic languages is conducted with highest quality and efficiency under time constraints. - Build Quality Test Plans - Prioritize tasks, automation and juggle resources to meet deadlines - Guide Testers through their daily projects - Keep track of progress and completion of tasks - Escalate any issues that may endanger deadlines or block testing - Suggest solutions when workload exceeds capacity - Report test results management and executive Get along with Engineering, PM and Quality teams US and across the world to ensure you have all the information necessary to setup, valid, test and gather advanced information on upcoming features, functionality, and localization.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with large scale client + server software features, and with software localization, is a plus.