Machine Learning Software Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas quickly have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Customer Systems is a data-driven organization confronted with the most challenging large-scale problems in the world. Our mission is to maintain a comprehensive and effective support experience for customers around the globe. We ingest a staggering amount of data and wish to discover new ways to improve the customer experience for ConversationKit at Apple. On the ConversationKit (CK) team, we are a varied collection of statisticians, mathematicians, engineers, and designers. We are strengthening the team and are looking for a driven, curious, and passionate machine learning scientist to join us. This is a highly visible role in the company, that requires creating actionable insights from large quantities of data. You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation of data to craft and present compelling stories that drive engineering focus to improve the ConversationKit product suite. Your dedication to quality and customers is paramount.
- It takes a strong background in Data Science and Machine Learning to qualify for this job. As an applicant, we want you to be ready to discuss your experiences grappling with complex data, and the methods, experiments, and results you have built from data.
- We support applications from a broad range of domain expertise. Strength in one or more of these areas is desired:
- Software Development
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- NLP for large text corpora
- Data engineering (pipelines, data wrangling/transformation)
- Preferably, you have experience programming in Python, R, Java, or Scala. Additionally, you have worked with tools (Spark/Hadoop, S3/HDFS). Lack of experience in these languages/environments is not a disqualification; candidates with desired domain expertise will also be considered.
We are looking for someone who can create insightful experiments to identify successful, and unsuccessful, features and then automate this system in a replicable and scalable way. Strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate findings to engineering partners and executives across Apple.
Education & Experience
A degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Advanced degrees are preferred but not required.