Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Are you passionate about cellular technologies, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies? Then we are looking for you. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is seeking an expert Data Engineer to build high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We leverage a diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job. The ideal candidate for this position will be able think outside of the box and should have passion for building analytics solutions to enable our business partners to make time sensitive and critical decisions.
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/Teradata/Vertica/HANA/Hadoop
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions.
- Experience in developing Big Data applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce is a huge plus
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs. Experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is a plus
- Strong experience in designing and developing solutions using Columnar Databases like HANA or Vertica
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Should be self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quick
Design and build data structures on MPP platform like Teradata, Hadoop to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability. Design solutions using new generation In-Memory Columnar databases like HANA Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency Build dashboards using Self-Service tools like Tableau and perform data analysis to support business Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams and work on solutions which has larger impact on Apple business. Will work with global teams in US, Singapore and Europe. You will work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting fast-paced environment
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 6+ years of experience in data engineering field.