Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile & Messaging Apps team at Apple creates mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App, used by millions of Apple customers. By integrating revolutionary iOS technologies and high performance services, along with adopting the latest HI design standards, the Apple Store App sets the bar for iOS apps. In addition to the app, we also build the next generation of Apple’s engagement and communication with customers through Messaging Apps, powering the company’s official accounts on WeChat and iOS Business Chat. This is a fast growing business where your technical expertise will be challenged and you will be working along the top tier of the industry. Your efforts will play a key role in the success of Apple Business.
- Expert-level Java, knowledge of Java 8+ required
- Knowledge of J2EE and Spring MVC frameworks
- Demonstrated expertise in multi-tiered application development, and familiarity with design considerations such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), performance, scalability, re-usability and flexibility
- Shown ability to work through deadlines and meet time constraints
- Shown skills on brainstorming and communicating technology ideas and issues with peers and IT management
- Willingness to go the extra mile and work in a startup-like culture
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Extraordinary communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver premier products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Your responsibility will be building and maintaining high-traffic server side micro services that provide the API endpoints for the Apple Store App. This includes e-commerce logic dealing with Product Pages, Product Search, Merchandising pages and campaigns, Checkout Process, Order Status and all different areas required by a mobile e-Commerce solution. You will define integration to other systems via services and APIs, key customizations and extensions of the systems, data conversions and migrations. You will interact with other Apple teams and IT groups on an ongoing basis.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- - Expertise with relational databases, preferably Oracle
- - Expertise with NoSQL databases, preferably Cassandra
- - Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat or Jetty
- - Experience with high traffic eCommerce applications, or online merchandising web sites
- - Working knowledge of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and Agile development practices
- - Previous experience with implementation of APIs used by a Mobile Application
- - Knowledge of languages used in the mobile space such as Objective-C and Swift