DevOps Engineer - Ad Platforms
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
SUMMARY At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. Ad Platform is looking to add stellar DevOps Engineers to its Hyderabad team. We are passionate and cloud engineering enthusiasts, who use cutting edge technologies to build, deploy and operate Ad Platform at a massive scale globally. We are looking for strong talent in the DevOps/SRE/Production Engineering space who have handled scale previously and are excited to tackle complex challenges presented by modern distributed infrastructure and applications. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- Attitude towards Automation
- Proficient in one or more: perl, python, ruby, go, Java with experience in object oriented programming.
- Linux/UNIX knowledge and subsystems (process management, kernels, etc)
- Sound knowledge of unix network protocols and tcp/ip network fundamentals.
- 4+ years of experience with core infrastructure technologies (PKI, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP)
- Experience in configuration management technologies (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Knowledge of Load Balancers software and hardware (Netscaler, F5, HAproxy, nginx, etc).
- You have experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins, Hudson, etc).
- Experience with working with Hashicorp stack (terraform, nomad, consul, vagrant, packer, etc)
- Experience with Cloud Native Architecture and Kubernetes, AWS etc.
- Management of production, large scale ad serving /applications and data systems in the private cloud - Deployment, support and monitoring of Ad Platform's applications to production environments in the private cloud - Development of Cloud tools for automation, monitoring and utilization of resources - Working with other Apple Production Engineering teams to find best of class solutions and new technologies for management and monitoring of systems - Working with multi-functional teams to deliver products on time with high quality - Building team of strong Production Engineers/Site Reliability Engineers - Capacity planning and management - OnCall support
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master's degree preferred.
- • Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. • Ability to perform analysis, define new processes and drive technology initiatives and projects. • Experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to implementing change in a Global environment.