Hyderabad, Telangana, India
The Identity Management Services team at Apple is a high-performance server engineering team responsible for building large-scale systems that supports Apple’s customer facing services such as iCloud, iTunes, Messages, FaceTime, Online store and others. We are in search of a hands-on, technically focused manager to lead a team of strong software engineers delivering world class products. The candidate should have excellent technical, communication and people skills with proven track record of leading teams to success.
- Strong experience in delivering server-side applications that scale and are highly available
- Experience in the following technologies: Java and its ecosystem, relational and non-relational databases, Internet protocols, caching systems, queuing systems
- Ability to understand the business context of product requirements and map it into a technology solution, ability to represent technical issues in business language
- Ability to design large-scale applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability
- Deep understanding of the software engineering process and the key contributors for success
- Ability to review design and code, provide actionable feedback and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics
- Ability to communicate with large cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Represent the team and remove hurdles so that each one of the team members operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of team members
- Ability to communicate with senior executives within IS&T organization and in business functions
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
This is a management role and the candidate will be responsible for the work output of a team of engineers. Ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment with technically strong team and lead team members to deliver to their highest potential. Responsibilities - Participate in product development discussions and map functional requirements to a technical design and a project schedule. - Have technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules - Track delivery schedule and related dependencies - Write detailed architecture and design documentation - Communicate with external teams (written and oral) on various aspects such as business value, technical design, project schedule etc - Review design and code produced by engineers - Drive quality improvement initiatives and processes - Grow team by hiring great engineers and by mentoring / coaching them where required
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree(B.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 12+ years experience Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 8+ years experience
- Experience in C/C++, PKI Service, SSL, application performance turning is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Oracle database performance turning, optimization is a plus
- Experience in Identity Management & Security is a big plus (authentication, authorization, provisioning, etc.).
- Exposure to Project Management skills and tools.