Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Apple’s Real Estate, Legal & Security Systems team is an exciting new IS&T team, focused on providing high quality, innovative in house developed and off the shelf delivery of technology solutions to support and enhance the business needs. We are looking for a System Engineer to work closely with Product Managers , tech leads on the application’s infrastructure. In this role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and supporting Apple’s REALS group’s applications infrastructure and co-ordinate with multiple teams to apply the patches on time and help the teams in the application deployment and many more.
- 5+ years of IT Experience in applications / systems administration
- Ability to perform multiple roles as part of a small team including: systems administration, application server’s administration, project management and more.
- In depth knowledge in Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience in planning and handling operational procedures for the Web application environment.
- Experience in analyzing technical problems in the Web environment
- Coordinating operational procedures
- Experience in coordinating and preparing recurring administrative activities (ex: Patching, deployment)
- Co-ordinate with different app teams to apply the patches following D2P process.
- Co-ordinate with SE Linux and DBA team for the DB host patching.
- Update and maintain the consolidated hosts master sheet for LGS & Reals Estate Infra list.
- Working knowledge of multi-tier applications and their dependencies including load balancing, TCP/IP networking etc.
- Good Under standing of High availability / Disaster recovery and implementation planning of these.
- Experience with Application server’s deployment and performance tuning is a huge plus
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Excellent debugging, problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Proven verbal, documentation and technical writing skills
We're looking for someone with ownership and a strong practical focus on application development / deployment and support. As an Engineer you are responsible for full system lifecycle of development, configuration, deployment and maintenance of the crisis management suite of applications. Also, you will be working with database administrators, Linux / Windows admins, Production Support teams etc to effectively ensure availability and reliability of applications.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 5+ years experience.