Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Apple’s Real Estate, Legal & Security Systems team is an exciting new IS&T team, focused on providing high quality, innovative in house developed and off the shelf delivery of technology solutions to support and enhance the business needs. We are looking for a Software Engineer to work closely with architect / lead to understand the requirements and then develop the solutions. In this role, you will develop / support Apple’s critical Crisis Management Suite of applications. You are able to work independently, understand the needs and build the solutions for complex architecture and appropriate working at times during unsociable hours.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing / supporting Web applications using Java / J2EE
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing excellent large distributed systems
- Understanding of Java development and fix experience
- Strong experience in configuration,deployment of web applications built in Java / J2EE or .NET
- Deep understanding of Database concepts, PL/SQL, NoSQL (MongoDB) Technologies
- Infrastructure knowledge of VIPs / Load balancer configuration / Virtual Machines
- Ability to work on Linux / Windows platforms
- Ability to understand on in-house built frameworks / technologies / applications
- Source control management such as Git, SVN
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Solid verbal, documentation and technical writing skills
We're looking for someone with ownership and a strong practical focus on application development / deployment and support. As an Engineer you are responsible for full system lifecycle of development, configuration, deployment and maintenance of the crisis management suite of applications. Also, you will be working with database administrators, Linux / Windows admins, Production Support teams etc to effectively ensure availability and reliability of applications.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 5+ years experience.