Software Engineer - Crisis Management Applications
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Real Estate, Legal & Security Systems team is an exciting new IS&T team, focused on providing high quality, innovative in house developed and off the shelf delivery of technology solutions to support and enhance the business needs. We are looking for a Software Engineer to work closely with architect / lead to understand the requirements and then develop solutions. In this role, you will develop / support Apple’s super-critical Crisis Management Suite of applications. To be successful as a Software Engineer - Crisis Management Applications, you should be able to work independently, understand the needs and build the solutions for complex architecture and comfortable working under pressure at times during unsociable hours.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing / supporting Web applications using Java / J2EE
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing large distributed systems
- Understanding of Java development and experience in troubleshooting
- Strong experience in configuration, deployment of web applications built in Java / J2EE orNET
- Deep understanding of Database concepts, PL/SQL, NoSql (MongoDB) Technologies
- Infrastructure knowledge of VIPs / Load balancer configuration / Virtual Machines
- Ability to work on Linux / Windows platforms
- Ability to understand on in-house built frameworks / technologies / applications
- Source control management such as Git, SVN
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Excellent debugging and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal, documentation and technical writing skills
For this role we seek someone with ownership and a strong practical focus on application development / deployment and support. As an Engineer you are responsible for full system lifecycle of development, configuration, deployment and maintenance of the crisis management suite of applications. Also, you will collaborate with database administrators, Linux / Windows admins, Production Support teams etc to effectively ensure availability and reliability of applications.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.