Product Owner (eDAM)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Online Support helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources from an entire community of Apple product users and enthusiasts. We are looking for an AEM Product Owner responsible for leading and delivering an extraordinary experience to Apple’s internal customers. You will work closely with engineering, QA, UX, and business teams to deliver highly available, high performing next generation web authoring and digital asset management (DAM) systems tailored to suit our business needs using the AEM Suites. The role is located in Bangalore, India.
- 5+ years in software product management, release planning, product owner role and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing short-term (quarterly) and long-term. product roadmaps as well as proposing new product markets for the organization to venture in.
- Experience in breaking down high-level features into tactical user-stories and assign and track them across multiple organizations.
- Skilled in executing incremental and iterative product development, which can react very quickly to the market environment, preferably using agile methodology.
- Expertise in understanding and implementation of software development lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge on Web Publishing and DAM Systems.
- Proven history of identifying and resolving cross-project interdependencies challenges.
- Extensive experience in managing contending and changing priorities.
- Experience working with Remote Business/Leadership teams.
- Expertise in AEM on WCM and eDAM
- History of leading and supporting Quality team work with test scenarios, test planning and test execution.
- Validated ability to understand the solutions proposed by Engineering teams through advanced technical software development knowledge.
Your primary responsibilities include developing internal-facing tools that support knowledge base, web content publishing using Adobe Experience Manager to enable Apple’s Web and Content Management team deliver an extraordinary experience. You will utilize agile scrum methodology, develop user stories and acceptance criteria, refine & lead the product backlog, and advocate for end-user and business needs. You are a great teammate who can effectively negotiate and influence at all levels. You enjoy working with a global team of non-technical and technical professionals. When challenges arise, you thrive in identifying creative and unique solutions. You seek customer feedback and excel in using data to help make challenging prioritization decisions. You enjoy technical conversations with engineers but are also comfortable presenting in front of senior leaders. You understand the high-profile nature of Apple’s business, and are willing to apply your experience in a way that meets Apple’s rigorous standards for design, brand integrity, and customer privacy. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Run enhancement requests and feature prioritization. - Responsible for the on-schedule delivery of new features, bug fixes, and enhancements for Apple Content Systems. - Balance trade-offs between time and scope while meeting business objectives. Engage with business partners to seek clarification and reproduce issues to support a timely and appropriate prioritization. - Facilitate effective communication between business and engineering teams to get tasks to completion and issues resolved. - Owner of the product backlog including refinement and grooming. - Document clear acceptance criteria. Oversee UAT to ensure development is consistent with business requests. - Work with partners to monitor overall health of the content platform. - Negotiate business team performance, notify engineering team of issues and drive resolutions in a timely manner. - Influence engineering resources and prioritization to respond to ever-changing business needs.
Education & Experience
MBA from a premier school with a Degree in Computer science. Overall work experience of over 8-10 years.
- Flexibility to work during off hours to engage with the team in US.
- Ability to think & execute testing from a user’s perspective
- Follows instructions and documents issues clearly
- Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and multi-tasking ability
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen
- Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very stringent timelines
- Creative and analytical problem solving
- Multicultural communication skills
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) is a plus
- Proven ability to manage to deadlines and meet cost constraints
- Proficient at managing multiple efforts simultaneously
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Experience with service organizations
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Team player with proven flexibility