Operations Engineering Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Business Intelligence team is looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented, technical savvy, energetic leader who like to think outside the box and want to lead a team with many exciting responsibilities which include building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We leverage a diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job.
- Leadership skills including building the team and platform. As an Operations Engineering Leader, you will be responsible for hiring, training and providing technical direction to the team.
- In-depth understanding of devops technologies, infrastructure, BI platforms and databases
- Experience in designing and building devops tools
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/Teradata/Vertica/Hadoop
- Experience in developing tools and automation applications using python, ansible, golang is a huge plus
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Should be self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quick
Lead devops team in developing solutions for GBI Development teams Lead the infrastructure, databases and platforms management and operations Drive the team to develop highly scalable devops tools and automation Manage resources/budget and partner with global development teams Manage multiple teams and projects Define standards, methodologies for devops, infrastructure, BI platforms and databases Lead/Work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams Manage and mentor people and plan their career growth and focus on creating a cohesive team environment
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 5+ years of experience in data engineering field.