Backbone Network Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The successful candidate will be responsible for global operations within Apple’s Core Network Services team. Supporting Apple’s MPLS backbone, as well as its extensive edge connectivity. He or she will need to demonstrate leadership and collaboration skills in cross organizational collaborations to build and maintain the networking infrastructure. They will need to develop and maintain clear documentation and procedures associated with designing and implementing new deployments, provisioning new circuits and sustaining operations. This position provides the opportunity to build and manage a world-wide,multivendor ISP-class network that also includes metro and long-haul optical transport.
- In-depth experience in IP, BGP, MPLS, MP-BGP, IS-IS, RSVP and LDP.
- Solid understanding of wide area networking in a content or service provider, and/or very large-scale enterprise environments.
- Experience supporting large-scale peering/transit networks, with a sound knowledge of complex traffic engineering and Internet routing policies.
- Hands-on experience with carrier-grade routers and operating systems required.
- Proficiency in either OS X, Linux, or other variations of UNIX.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including proven abilities to adapt to dynamic project environments, while able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- In addition, some experience in troubleshooting DWDM optical equipment, with Craft/WebGUI, CLI, TL1 and NMS solutions would be advantageous..
This position will support and implement Apple’s backbone network to address a wide variety of business challenges. The candidate will need to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide not only operational support, but work closely with members of the Core Services team to provide solutions to grow Apple's network infrastructure. This position require a collaborative team player, who will work in cross-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to work with others. The engineer’s responsibilities also include maintaining and upgrading of existing networks to current standards, sustaining operations as well as contributing to technical design and documentations. The engineer will need to obsess over minute details and to drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best customer experience possible. In addition to the required technical networking skills, this position also demand strong inter-personal skills and an individual who enjoy the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience
- Expert level certifications preferred.
- Hands on expertise with Nokia, Juniper and Arista platforms preferred.
- 5 to 8 years of progressive experience is ideal.