Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Apple has been serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Collaboration is important at Apple, and every single day you will partner with peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for chipping in to our continued success and be an important team member within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. You will become a part of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail and Supply Chain. You would be a member of our Trade Compliance team which supports Customs and Indirect Tax Compliance within India. The India Trade Compliance team is part of a wider EMEIA team supporting this activity across many jurisdictions.
- Ability to learn technical aspects of Trade compliance and how that impacts the business.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to meet tight deadlines is critical.
- This role requires extraordinary levels of interrogation and an ability to interpret large volumes of information.
- Systems (Excel, SAP/other ERP) are Critical to this role.
- Projects experience is an advantage.
Data is key: present accurate, fact-based information to allow for detailed insights of Trade data in a visual manner to aide decision makers. Extracting insights from multiple sources of data Responsible for all GST reporting and balance sheet reconciliation within designated deadlines and support Audit / Assessments Responsible for managing Balance sheet, payments of GST and appropriate postings in GL's Responsible for GST related clarification to customers Responsible for Trade Compliance activities related to SEZ operation (e.g. import compliance, temporary removal, filing of returns, etc) Managing Trade data flows to ensure that data is gathered and meets highest quality standard. Responding to Tax/ Customs Authorities on queries related to Trade Compliance. Analysis of relevant declarations in line with other areas. Being a key player in responding to all Indirect Tax audits and any queries from Authorities or external partners. Developing processes and reporting in line with Apple’s continuing growth and product evolution. Gaining a deep understanding of the processes and systems to isolate potential opportunities for automation and efficiency.
Education & Experience
You will possess excellent analytical, communication, presentation and organization skills. Qualified or Part-qualified Accountant (with at least 3-5 years) with either an accounting or compliance focus would be an advantage. Proficiency in Excel is important You are motivated, flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.