Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) group in Apple India is looking for a Vendor Manager to manage our existing Application and Tools used by Vendor Management Office (VMO) team. VMO in India is responsible for managing the Information Technology (IT) vendors located in multiple cities. This organization monitors the performance, compliance and efficiencies of the vendors and takes necessary actions to achieve the stated objectives. As a Vendor Manager, you will be enabling the VMO team by contributing and enhancing existing applications/tools and coming up with new and useful metrics.
- Communication and Partnership – Proficiency in various forms of written and verbal communication
- Interacting with senior management – Ability to communicate effectively across levels both at Vendor organizations and also at Apple.
- Vendor Management — Get work done using the vendor base, should have handled vendor teams in the past.
- Understand IT offshoring models – A deep understanding of the existing IT offshoring/outsourcing models for large organizations will help in continuous assessment and benchmarking.
- Result Oriented – Meet commitments and be able to properly organize and prioritize the workload.
- Willingness and ability to travel – To different locations In India and to USA on need basis.
- Experience with different technologies is an added plus.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
In this role you will partner with our Vendors working for IS&T. You will be responsible for ensuring the vendors are adhering to and complying with the policies as laid down by VMO. To succeed you will need to collaborate with both vendors and Apple IS&T Managers who consume the services provided by the VMO applications. Being on-site with our vendor partners on a regular basis is key to your success and therefore travel to vendor locations from time to time will be required. You will be responsible for communicating with vendors and for setting performance expectations You will also resolve any ad-hoc operational situations/issues and set vendors up for success.
Education & Experience
B.Tech., MBAs (preferred) with a minimum of 8 years of related software development experience. Need experience with Software development and working with outsourcing vendors.