SAP Development Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Global SAP Technology Team is currently looking for a manager to lead our growing team in Hyderabad. The team is responsible for delivery of smart, innovative and elegant technology solutions to support Apple’s business innovations. You will be responsible for driving technical project delivery from India leading a team of developers working in core ABAP, UX and platform engineering domains. The ideal candidate should have strong understanding of SAP Development areas like ABAP, Java, UI5, iOS, SAP Cloud Platform as well as sound leadership skills. The individual will have to collaborate closely with cross functional Global (onsite and offshore) IS&T (Information Systems & Technology) teams. At Apple, you will get the opportunity to work on one of the biggest and complex enterprise landscapes which includes SAP systems like SAP ECC, IS-Retail, TMS, EM, SAP PO, APO, SNC, RMCA and many, many more. The role will require managing technical delivery on multiple, concurrent SAP projects of varying complexities on large, high volume, and mature SAP systems. You will be working on innovative technologies along side some really smart, dynamic and creative individuals and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Must have 14+ overall years of experience.
- Around 5+ years of experience in managing SAP Development teams.
- Should have hands-on experience in SAP ABAP along with one of the other development areas like UI5, iOS, Java, SAP Cloud Platform
- Proven ability to inspire, coach and mentor team members
- You have well-rounded SAP Technology experience, solution design exposure and good understanding of concepts in areas like Database systems, SAP Security, Performance tuning, Web Services etc.
- You have an aptitude for architecture, design, development and deployment of custom solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of SAP’s technology stack, including SAP HANA, SAP Cloud Platform, S/4HANA, and Leonardo.
- You are knowledgeable about the industry and have good grasp of evolving trends.
- You have good grasp of software development and project life cycle tools and methodologies.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills and should be able to collaborate with SAP functional analysts and global design teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial. Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear and concise communication to technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Experience working in a complex landscape with multiple SAP solutions like ECC, SCM, SNC, TMS, Portal etc is preferred.
- We seek a self-starter, someone with a strong work ethic and strong leadership skills who will be a role model for others on the team Must have 7+ years of hands-on experience in SAP Development (ABAP) areas.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills and should be able to collaborate with SAP functional analysts and global design teams in designing technical solutions referring to functional specifications.
Lead a team of technology experts from varying domains like ABAP, Java, UI5, Basis, Performance and drive technical solution delivery on SAP applications / platform. Provide domain expertise, guidance, coaching and direction to team members to bring out their best work. Ensure quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving skills and ability to collaborate with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. Stay focused and prioritize heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality. Demonstrate excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Should be able to manage multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously. Observe and review the workings of the SAP Technology team @ offshore and make refinements to further drive delivery efficiency. Work closely with vendor partners and identify new evolving trends in SAP eco-system. Should be able to work with minimal supervision. Be on the lookout of new emerging SAP technologies and evaluate their fitment in Apple SAP landscape. Provide periodic status updates to the broader SAP Technology teams in US.
Education & Experience
B.E. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience Relevant SAP certifications especially in newer areas like S/4 HANA, SCP etc