Software Engineer - Pie Telemetry Team
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. We are looking for extraordinary individuals to come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. The platform Telemetry team develops and deploys software that ensures that Apple's services (iCloud, Maps, iTunes, Maps and more) are reliable, scalable, fast, and secure. The team supports both open source and homegrown technologies to provide internal Apple developers a suite of Application Performance Management (APM) solutions.
- Expertise in managing, solving and fixing large, distributed systems and maintaining them as production services is mandatory
- You should have experience in developing with one or more applications programming languages (e.g., Java, Scala, Go) as well as familiarity with UNIX shell scripting language (e.g., Bash, Python)
- Exposure in administering at least one data pipeline software (e.g., Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Apache Flume) along with experience with at least one large-scale, column or data storage such as Apache Hbase, Apache Cassandra is an added advantage
- You must be an advocate and driver of performance optimisation, automation and tests and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Being self-motivated and dedicated, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities along with having the ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment is important
The Telemetry engineers want to revolutionize the way infrastructure and services are monitored at Apple. They enjoy diving deep into challenges in large-scale production environments. They design and implement architectures that deliver answers to some of our most critical questions. The Engineers engage regularly with other teams across Apple to drive availability and scalability in the systems they run.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.