Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will be responsible for global operations within Apple’s Network Operations Center, supporting Apple’s Campus, Remote offices and VPN networks. You will need to demonstrate skills in cross-organizational collaborations to operate and maintain the network infrastructure as well as develop and maintain clear documentation and procedures associated with operations and known issues. This position provides the opportunity to operate a state of the art worldwide, multi-vendor network.
- Working experience in IPv4,IPv6, TCP, OSPF and BGP
- Deep understanding of large scale LAN and WAN networking technologies
- Hands-on knowledge of VPN technologies such as IPsec and DMVPN
- Hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco wireless controllers required
- Proficiency in either Linux, or other variations of UNIX
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including proven abilities to adapt to dynamic project environments, while able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Expertise in automation languages such as Perl or Python preferred
- Experience working in large scale environments
This position will provide front line support to Apple’s network to address a wide variety of business challenges. Role incumbent will need to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide operational support to various businesses within Apple. This position requires a collaborative individual, who will work with multiple groups and have the ability and willingness to work with others around the globe. The engineer’s responsibilities also include working on tickets, break fixes, maintaining and upgrading existing networks to current standards, sustaining operations as well as contributing to technical and procedural documentation. The engineer will need to obsess over minute details and drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best possible customer experience. In addition to the required technical networking skills, this position also demands strong interpersonal skills and an individual who enjoys the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to work in Shifts.
- Professional to expert level certifications preferred.
- 1 to 4 years of Network Operations experience is ideal.