Engineering Manager - Maps
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. The Maps team is developing tools to analyze, visualize, process, manage and curate data at large scale. We are looking for engineering leaders who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- - 12+ years in software project/program/product management
- - Experience with agile development and fast release cycles
- - Exceptional social and inter-personal skills. Experience working with geographically distributed teams is desired.
- - You have experience in mentioning, guiding and clearly communicating project needs, plans, and status
- - Proven ability to manage at multiple complex projects
- - Experience managing projects spanning multiple timezones
- - A strong track record of project delivery for large, multi-functional programs
- - You are Comfortable working in rapid development cycles
- - Experience in C++, Java and/or Scala.
- - Experience in designing and developing distributed systems.
- - Experience in Hadoop ecosystem is a plus
You are engineering minded, seeking to solve problems, disciplined and ensure proper process is follows and experienced in working with geographically distributed teams. You have good business acumen, are able to deal with ambiguity and are passionate about delivering the best possible solutions. The ideal candidate will act as a trusted partner working with their peers in the US to help guide the design and evolution of our solutions. The ideal candidate will manage a diverse team that oversees solutions for internal Apple business units.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field