Senior Software Engineer, Maps Data Team
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. The Maps team is developing tools to analyze, visualize, process, manage and curate data at large scale. We are looking for engineering leaders who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform.
- 8+ years of software development experience building, maintaining, and improving complex single page web applications at scale
- Expertise with object oriented programming, preferably Scala with PLAY or Java 8 with Spring
- Experience implementing RESTful web-services in Java, Scala, Python or similar languages
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Hands-on experience in building distributed systems, including real-time streaming and batch data processing
- Experience in information retrieval and storage, machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with modern web development frameworks, libraries and tools (e.g. React, Redux etc.,)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Important qualities we are looking for are - passionate, fast learner and team player
Apple Maps is searching for a creative and dedicated individual to join our Points of Interest (POI) Data Engineering Tools Team. You will be working on implementing POI Data Tools that support our engineering and operations group in order to ingest, process, curate and correct POI data. Responsibilities include building pipelines to expediently process and ingest large volumes of data, building curation systems, crafting tools to support our Data Science, Engineering, and Operations groups, as well as to publishing data to the rest of the Maps services. Key challenges include modeling and implementing infrastructure to support POI features as well as building tools and processes to make our team more efficient.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with GeoSpatial concepts is a plus