Senior Software Engineer - Maps Engineering Team
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. The Maps team is developing tools to analyze, visualize, process, manage and curate data at large scale. We are looking for engineering leaders who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- 8+ years of experience working in a software product development organisation building modern and scalable web applications
- Proficiency in Big Data processing technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Oozie).
- Experience in building data pipelines and analysis tools using Scala, Java, Python
- Experience building large-scale server-side systems with distributed processing algorithms.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
The Maps team is developing tools to analyze, visualize, process, manage and curate data at large scale. Our team combines disparate signals such as data analytics, community engagement, and user feedback to improve the Maps Platform. On any given day you may be asked to analyze large data sets to identify errors in the map, design and implement a complex algorithm for resolving the issue, review the solution with a team of engineers and analysts, and integrate the resulting solution into the data processing pipeline. We are looking for engineers who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform. Successful candidates will have exceptional engineering and communication skills, as well as a belief that data-driven feedback leads to great products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field