Engineering Program Manager, Advertising Platforms
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The Advertising Platforms team is looking for a highly motivated, technically adept engineering program manager. Collaborating with the technical leader of the team in Hyderabad, you’ll work closely with your peers in California to coordinate planning, development and release cycles for the team. EPMs are fearless organizers, clear communicators and excellent multi-functional leaders. You will help set strategy, clear conflicts and problem-solve, and continually improve upon existing processes so that the team is able to deliver effectively. The EPM will take a leadership role in all aspects of program life-cycle from release scoping through design, development, QA and deployment. The right mix of technical, interpersonal and communication skills are key to success. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found
- Clear and compelling interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership style, with the ability to motivate technical teams
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, multi-functional, projects
- Comfort working in rapid development cycles
- Experience managing projects spanning multiple timezones
- 8+ years of relevant experience managing programs for product companies in marketing technology, digital publishing or software engineering teams
- Domain expertise in advertising, publishing or marketing technologies, software engineering, and developing for iOS
- Lead multi-functional engineering teams, collaborate with multiple technical and business teams across Apple, to deliver high-quality, timely solutions for publisher ad monetization - Establish the necessary processes to ensure effective communication between the Hyderabad team and Cupertino partners. - You should define program plans and schedules; manage and monitor program execution, timeliness, quality of work, and effectiveness of team collaboration - Effectively and consistently communicate program status, including delivery of executive communication/presentations to drive decision-making - You should be able to quickly understand and concisely communicate complex, technical/engineering issues, as well as identify which activities bear multiple dependencies - Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication, keeping everyone focused on what’s important - Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently - Improve the system: conduct process reviews, identify patterns and root causes of conflicts, offer standard methodologies and implement change - May require travel to Cupertino.
Education & Experience
BS/BTech ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent (MS/MTech preferred) Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Development experience is a plus