Software Engineer - Apple Online Store
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide. At AOS, the Engineering team is responsible for the global eCommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer with a background in delivering complex software applications to work as part of a global Software Engineering team. We seek a highly motivated software engineer who will deliver projects targeted at improving the hugely successful AOS.
- 10+ years of experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- You have in-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring, Play or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures and RESTFUL services, etc.
- Database schema design, and large scale platform technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop Solr and Oracle.
- You have experience working with Messaging Systems, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Deep knowledge in high concurrency frameworks, messaging constructs, JMS technologies
- Exposure to Commercial Cloud (AWS/Azure) development environment
- Experience in architecture and API design
- Experience in containerisation and container management
- Your past experience in working within geo distributed teams a plus
At the AOS Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver extraordinary engineering products in an exciting and dynamic environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable, checkout & payment platforms that power AOS.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in Engineering.