Program Manager, Map Production
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The Apple Maps team is seeking a highly results-driven Manager to drive the development of next generation of maps. Maps are an integral part of our daily lives, intersecting through multiple technology platforms. The team is destined to define user engagement across mobile and desktop devices with maps at the center of decision-making. If you are passionate about solving problems impacting millions every day, this might be your dream job. You will be direct responsible for the execution of the assigned projects meeting Quality, Metric and Delivery targets. You will need have strong software fundamentals, superb communication skills. The kind of success for which we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment that fosters creativity, collaboration and thinking of old problems in new ways.
- Minimum 10 years experience in program and project management in a production environment.
- Having experience in leading large scale and complex project within a production organizations.
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills are required as the Regional Manager directly interacts with Project Teams within the organization and with the vendor.
- Experience in work sizing, source- and resource management, risk assessments, quality assurance and continuous improvement processes.
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills as well as a deep understanding of manufacturing processes, i.e. LEAN, SixSigma, KANBAN.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (professional level)
Direct responsibility for the execution of the monthly breakout of the execution plan and weekly status report Planned versus executed within threshold Meet KPI targets on metric, delivery and quality within threshold Oversight and direct authority over the project(s) assigned Alignment of Vendor Resource Response Plan with forecasted plan on a weekly level Direct responsibility for Performance and Quality Improvement Projects and continuous development within the assigned project(s) Maintain and develop third party vendor relations
Education & Experience
MBA preferred. Bachelors in GeoScience or Engineering Degree preferred. Certification(s) in PMI, Prince2, CMQ/OE or equivalent are a plus, as well as ArcGIS, MapInfo, CAD proficiency. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.