Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is seeking an expert Data Engineer to build high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use a diverse technology stacks for Interactive UI, Services, Database layers and beyond. You will need to be able think outside of the box and come up with solutions quickly to help business in making time sensitive decisions, have good communication and analytical skills, always drives for excellence and self-motivated.
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in UI design, development for both Web bases and Mobile platforms
- Experience in service layer component with Java and newer JVM-based languages such as Scala or Clojure
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript, Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Experience with common front-end development and build tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Have working experience with any of the streaming solutions like Storm, Spark, Flink, Flume or similar
- Working knowledge of message queues like Kafka or Rabbit
- Hands on experience with Concurrent Programming
- Good experience in mobile application development preferably using iOS Swift
- Experience with latest open source technologies Spring, Apache commons
- Basic understanding of working with databases like Oracle, Teradata, Vertica
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Design and build data pipelines on MPP platform using Kafka, Spark and other new technologies - Design and Development new generation web and mobile solutions for Data Analytics - Responsible for end to end development - data pipeline to data consumption - Work with global teams on developing mobile based solutions using iOS Swift - Translate complex business requirements to user friendly UI dashboards - Develop products and self-service tools to enable business to perform reporting and analytics - Mentor and coach new members of the team and help building a strong and cohesive engineering team
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 2+ years of experience in application development