Country Manager, India - App Store, Apple Music, Video
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple revolutionised personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Video, Apple News, Apple Books, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. Apple’s growing App Store, Apple Music, Video businesses in India are seeking a Country Manager. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of what it means to be the custodian of a brand, reflect real passion for being a market leader and be evangelical about delivering a superlative experience to customers. As Country Manager, you will manage a growing team of business leads and content experts across all of the content verticals within the Software & Services business.
- Thorough understanding and both significant and relevant Senior Management experience in the digital content space.
- This role requires a mix of strategic and functional skills, as well as people management, with a high commitment to delivery and deadlines.
- You should be a professional with strong interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills along with a track record of leading change.
- You have deep connection to the arts, tech, & media landscape, and experience working closely with artists and developers.
- You have built successful teams and strong project management track record within a global, multi layered organisation combined with experience of bringing new products to market.
- You should have a high degree of executive credibility, given that you will help shape major decisions within extremely fast evolving businesses.
- You should be a self-directed, extraordinarily driven, highly adaptable individual with outstanding communication and organisational skills, able to work under pressure and provide exemplary leadership to the team in India.
- You have excellent management skills: Setting goals, driving performance and developing a team.
- You have exceptional analytical skills: A natural aptitude for translating data into insights and draw business conclusions.
- You are experienced in defining strategies for digital content businesses at different stages of development driving long-term growth.
- You are a natural networker with the ability to build strong ties to existing and new C-Level partners across multiple and very different businesses.
- You have unique combination of an excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture.
- You will be a seasoned senior manager with a proven extensive leadership record and demonstrable ability to influence across different stakeholders.
- You will have a strong understanding of, and empathy with, the Apple brand and products.
- You will need to have been exposed to multiple digital businesses and be comfortable building and executing tailor made strategies across each.
- You will be International in calibre and possess both understanding and passion for local nuances.
- You are obsessed with offering the best customer experience.
- Finally, you have to be passionate about digital technology. And possess a “get it done” attitude.
The Country Manager provides strategic leadership and functional direction for India, business and marketing teams to drive continued growth and business development for this region. You will manage stakeholders and Apple partners and carry them towards a compelling vision. You will break the vision down into a concrete strategy, taking into consideration local nuances, with clear objectives for each of the team members. Tracking and communicating progress, course correcting actions or coaching team members when appropriate.
Education & Experience
University degree preferable. MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus.
- Fluent English is required.
- This position is based in Guragon.