Siri International - Curation Lead - India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Machine Learning and AI
Come and join the team that teaches Siri how to understand and speak new languages. We are a deeply diverse and hardworking group, dedicated to making Siri the best worldwide digital assistant. We are looking for a highly motivated language modeling lead, with a high sensibility for English and Indian culture, to help us drive the quality of Siri for India.
- Proficient in English and awareness of how English is spoken and used in India.
- Well accustomed with local & national (Indian) culture.
- Proficient and highly accurate on language annotation projects with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- Proven project management & task prioritization abilities.
- Aim to improve accuracy metrics and processes.
- Demonstrated outstanding social skills; comfortable in working & communicating with co-workers in the US.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Proven skills in being highly organized with utmost attention to detail and a dedication to quality.
As the Siri International modeling lead, you will be responsible for the supervision of language modeling projects that will craft the natural language models that enable Siri. You are required to be compatible with several extraordinary teams of authorities at Apple, and to periodically report accuracy metrics that speak to the quality of Siri. We are looking for proven ability to be creative, take ownership of a project, and a knack for solving problems that stump most accuracy improvement projects. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is helpful. This is an opportunity to durably shape the future of human - computer interaction, and walk the state-of-the-art of a nascent field. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Drive and supervise natural language modeling tasks and team sync-ups. Report and own language specific accuracy metrics. Track documentation for natural language conventions and processes. Review other team members work and provide feedback. Support trainees and annotations team during their training phase. Deliver hands-on data annotation tasks. Track, analyze, and report systemic issues to QA.
Education & Experience
B.A. or B.S. degree preferred, or experience in related fields with a minimum of 3 years overall work experience.
- Technical engineering and machine learning background
- Comfortable working on a Mac environment
- Understanding of iOS and Siri