Operations Research Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Proven history of driving critical research and development and developing in-depth analytical understanding of systems.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research or a related field.
- 5-6+ years hands-on experience in optimization modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Sound interpersonal skills - adept at messaging domain and technical content, at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Experienced at understanding key performance levers and metrics to highlight operational issues and drive improvement.
- Innate curiosity and bias to action with expert ability to identify, define and execute project plans and develop modeling approaches suitable for the problem
- Phenomenal teammate - invested in the collective success of the team and project outcomes
- Self-sufficient with an ability to thrive in an environment of autonomy amidst ambiguity
- Expert knowledge of optimization tools (Gurobi, Cplex, or Xpress)
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling and ML tools (scikit, R)
- Experience with data acquisition tools (e.g. SQL), data mining and data visualization
- Experience prototyping and developing software in programming languages (Java/C++/Python/Perl)
The WW Sales and Operations Advanced Analytics team is looking for a top research scientist in optimization and stochastic systems to design and craft advanced analytics models for strategic and tactical decision-making as well as drive the development of our future supply chain infrastructure and planning processes. The individual will be part of a small team of experts responsible for the optimization of our current supply chain and crafting future networks. You will be instrumental in working closely with business partners, research colleagues, finance and IT groups in incorporating the essential tradeoffs within the models and take an active role in effectively communicating the recommendations to senior management
Education & Experience
Prior background in machine learning and forecasting is a plus Supply chain operations planning and material management experience and/or prior role in supporting supply chain business processes Experience with large data sets, big data and analytics Familiarity with data visualization (e.g. R, ggplot, ggobi, Tableau) Strong communication and presentation skills