Software Development Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Do you get passionate about performance tuning a Web Application environment and applications its limits? Do you love working with other high output engineers? Are you expert in creating solutions from gathering requirements all the way through user testing and deployment to production? If so, then join our team and make a difference by delivering projects providing metrics and data for business partners making critical decisions.
- Strong experience with translating business needs and complex problems into systems requirements with system design architectures that are robust, flexible and scalable.
- Experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Sql Server, etc.)
- Experience designing scalable RESTful Web Services and Reactive Microservices
- Have excellent understanding of architectural principles involved in SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
- Have extraordinary analytical and quantitative modeling skills with a focus on data-driven decision making
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
The role involves building and maintaining strong partnerships with key business leaders in order to successfully lead business initiatives. Additionally it is meaningful to build a collaboration with other IT teams effectively to drive alignment and efficiency on joint methodologies, architectures, co-development frameworks, etc. Driving alignment and initiatives across the worldwide and regional development teams to achieve global goals - such as common frameworks, production support model, retirement of legacy solutions, etc. is vital to this role. Leading Project Managers, Business Analysts and technical teams to define and build rapid internal solutions that enable key processes within the Operations function is mandatory. Additionally, managing a team of developers, providing technical leadership, governance - focus on stabilizing agility, flexibility, supportability, scale and consistency is required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, CIS/MIS, or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA / MS preferred; focus on Operations management/supply chain management is a plus.
- Works with business teams, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion
- Translate requirements into designs that align with mid and long-term goals for the platform and technology evolution
- Leads the efforts to ensure progress is made toward a "delivery on demand" model that demonstrates continuous "everything" to reduce defects while increasing productivity and time-to-market
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability for the solution
- Collaborate with and guide other teams in the organization to ensure successful deployment, maintenance, and support of developed software architecture and solutions