Software Development Application Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an experienced leader within our WW Ops BPR and BI organization to be responsible for the WW RAD team. The candidate will manage a team of PMs/Analyst, technical staff to deliver critical solutions to the Operations organization at Apple. This is a leadership role that will partner with the business and IS&T to influence the strategy and roadmap, as well as own the design and development of systems across a broad set of business functions. This leader will also be a change agent that will lead and influence the team as we evolve and broaden the team’s role in the organization.
- The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of technical expertise, program management skills, and a business mindset along with strong team leadership skills.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive managerial and leadership experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical foundation, including familiarity with building web-based business automation solutions, preferably in a highly agile, RAD model
- Strong business mindset - ability to grasp business needs, translate into technical needs; ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business leaders
- Broad knowledge of data architecture, data management concepts and tools
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in an environment of high ambiguity - including a matrixed team management structure
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex solutions on time, on budget, with a high level of quality
- Strong program management background, including familiarity with SDLC processes
Build and maintain positive relationships with key business leaders in order to successfully lead business initiatives. Build and maintain positive relationships with IS&T in order to drive alignment and efficiency on joint methodologies, architectures, co-development frameworks, etc. Drive alignment and initiatives across the worldwide and regional development teams to achieve global goals - such as common frameworks, production support model, retirement of legacy solutions, etc. Partner with the business and BPR (business process re-engineering) leads to define and drive an integrated capability roadmap. Manage a team of Project Managers and technical staff to define and build rapid internal solutions that enable key processes within the Operations function. Lead a team of developers, providing technical leadership, governance - focus on stabilizing agility, flexibility, supportability, scale and consistency. Lead a global infrastructure team that supports essential systems and processes required to support legacy and new applications. Embrace best in class project management methodologies in the team to balance agility in approach, response time and quality of deliverables
Education & Experience
MBA / MS preferred; focus on Operations management/supply chain management preferred Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, CIS/MIS, or related discipline with an information technology focus