Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) group to support delivering reporting and analytics insights for the Worldwide Operations organization. We need you to have a combination of business insight and technical knowledge that will be used to develop and deliver dashboards, insights and reports in support of rapid decision-making. You will focus on supporting the growth of Apple’s products, routes to market and key Operations initiatives. Your role is highly visible, interacting with executives and networking throughout Apple’s organization. We want you to help drive Apple’s strategy for data architecture, reporting and analytics landscape.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in design, development and maintenance of Business Intelligence, reporting and data applications
- Advanced hands on experience with Tableau or similar BI dashboard visualization tool and in reporting platforms like SAP BOBJ, OBIEE etc.
- Experience in UI design, development and for custom build analytics applications
- Expertise in programmatically processing large data sets from multiple source systems, integration, data mining, summarization and presentation of results to exec audience.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL in related technologies like Oracle, Teradata, Vertica etc., performance debugging and tuning activities
- Strong understanding of dev to production processes, User Acceptance and Production Validation testing, waterfall and agile development and code deployment methodologies
- Experience in core data warehousing concepts, dimensional data modeling, RDBMS, OLAP, ROLAP
- Experience with ETL tools used to automate manual processes (SQL scripts, Talend)
- Familiarity with Operations and various supply chain functions (Planning, Fulfillment, Order Management, Forecasting)
- Experience with R, Python, Hadoop
Design, develop, and support dashboards and reports. Provide analysis to support business management and executive decision-making. Work with Apple’s IS&T team to drive development of tools to better support business analytics. Partner with other Apple organizations on data governance, reporting tools, hierarchy management and critical metrics. Lead design and development of operationally effective solutions using the best available technology. Handle multiple technical projects and across challenging priorities. Proven expertise in translating ambiguous business requirements into technical and analytical insights using various technology platforms. Proven experience to show strong work ethic and passion to go above and beyond, and willingness to work with a global and geographically diverse team
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing or related field. Masters degree a plus. Knowledge about Advanced analytics, Machine Learning skills are added advantages.