India and Middle East Environmental Engagement Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The International Environmental Initiatives team within Apple's Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives organization, is seeking an engagement manager, focused on environmental stakeholders that influence environmental regulations in India and the Middle East. Our team's mission is to ensure that Apple's products, manufacturing processes, and recycling programs exceed the strictest environmental regulatory requirements. We anticipate future trends and help to formulate strategies on environmental leadership programs. We support Apple's corporate environmental teams to deliver industry-leading initiatives to reduce our impact on climate change, conserve finite resources, and eliminate the use of harmful substances through smarter chemistry.
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience in the area of government relations, public relations or communications, preferably in the electronics industry.
- Bachelor degree relevant to this role.
- Expert ability to establish, develop and maintain relations to institutional and non-institutional partners.
- Proven track record of navigating large or complex organizations.
- Thrives in work environments that require independence.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, where fluency in English is essential.
- Open to domestic and international travel.
- Understanding of current environmental topics is a plus
Your primary focus will be to engage environmental regulatory stakeholders in the India and the Middle East. You’re comfortable developing relationships with lawmakers, regulators, academics, non-governmental advocates, and thought leaders. You will be expected to develop and execute engagement strategies, in close cooperation with other Apple teams. You’ll be educating stakeholders on Apple's leading environmental initiatives and programs to ensure regulatory compliance. You have a history of successfully influencing others, by leveraging your outstanding communication skills, relationship building, and credibility. You are self motivated and courageous enough to drive change. You are a critical thinker who enjoys working in a high paced, cross-functional, and international work environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in law, political science, communications, environmental studies, or a related field
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.