Data Engineering Manager (Cloud Data Lake / Snowflake / Teradata)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Are you passionate about handling large & complex data problems, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking big data technologies? Then we are looking for you. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Business Intelligence team is looking for passionate, technical savvy, energetic leader who likes to think creatively. We seek someone who is self motivated and ready to lead a team of most talented engineers, building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power Apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real- time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use diverse technology stacks such as Snowflake, AWS, Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Single Store, Dremio, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job
- Experience in leading, hiring, developing and building data engineering team and providing them technical direction.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency and quality of data
- Experience working with cloud technologies and big data stack be it Amazon AWS, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure or Google GCP
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/ Teradata/ Vertica/ Hadoop/ SingleStore
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions.
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, expertise in performance tuning of SQLs.
- Experience in developing Big Data applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce is a plus
- Experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is desired
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
As Data Engineering Manager you would lead a Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence development team in building Analytics solutions for Apple - Lead the design for database and data pipeline/ETL using emerging technologies and tools - Lead the reporting and dashboarding solutions using innovative packaged and custom-built tools - Drive the team to develop operationally efficient analytic solutions Manage resources/budget and partner with global functional and business teams. Manage multiple teams and projects - Define standards, methodologies for Data Warehousing environment - Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems - Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency - Lead/Work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams - Should have strong ability to manage stakeholder communication & risk management - Lead and mentor people and plan their career growth and focus on creating a cohesive team environment - Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 12+ years of experience in data engineering, computer science or statistics field with at least 4+ years of experience in leadership/management