Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software. The worldwide (WW) Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of world’s largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe. The team is part of Apple’s Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin (TX), London, Singapore and Hyderabad India - working as a single global team. The successful candidate will enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- AWS certification and/or experience
- Proficiency in Ansible (Other configuration management tools may count but preferable is Ansible first)
- Proficiency in Docker and orchestration tools
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux management and troubleshooting
- Having intermediate skills in scripting and programming (focused on Shell and Python)
- Knowledge on Java and Node applications is good to have for troubleshooting
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Managed non-production environments
- Expert knowledge and experience with Software Version Control systems: GIT (GitHub/Gitlab knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including: Maven, Gradle, Ant, SBT, etc.
- Strong Operational Experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python
- Experience maintaining automated build systems such as Jenkins
- Experience working with server clusters consisting of 100s-1000s of machines, and deploying changes with zero downtime
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather then do everything by hand.
- Familiarity with Splunk for investigating or monitoring problems on systems.
- Experience managing and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline.
- Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit.
- Experience implementing Java server applications using tools such as: Jersey, Jetty,
- Knowledge of WebServers and LoadBalancers Apache HTTP Server, Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, HAProxy
- Experience maintaining large clusters using configuration tools such as: Ansible,Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Solid experience in trouble shooting, debugging, and performance measurement
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies like VMWare Fusion, VMWare Workstation, VMWare ESXi, Vagrant, Docker
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual
1. Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications 2. Provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline 3. Automate build & deployment processes 4. Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best in class, large scale systems 5. Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime 6. Work on migration to AWS platform
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent