Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Regulatory team is looking for a Compliance Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. The Regulatory Compliance Engineer will be responsible for supporting New Product Certification for India. - Will be involved in wireless products with specific focus on Regulatory compliance. - Will build and execute detailed test plan to ensure the product in compliance to India Regulatory requirements. - Will make recommendations to cross-functional teams (including but not limited to RF/Antenna systems) on resolving Regulatory compliance issues. - Will be studying new regulations and work closely with Regulators, Policy Makers, Standardisation Bodies, Industry Associations, Business Chambers to come up with compliance requirements and comprehensive test strategies
- - Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience
- - Experience of TEC, BIS and WPC processes.
- - Knowledgeable in the following areas: Safety, SAR, EMC, RF, IPV6 testing.
- - In-depth understanding of Wireless technology including GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax and Bluetooth.
- Work with local Labs on TEC Testing requirements for products. - Work with TEC, BIS, MeitY, DoT to obtain Certification approvals. - Work with WPC to attain ETA Certification and also spectrum related matters - Work with DoT on Telecom Technology and also tracking of standard developments. - Maintain project status reporting information. - Ensure internal documentation and processes are maintained and up to date.
Education & Experience
Engineering Degree (Electrical/Electronic/WirelessCommunications/Telecommunications). Masters/MBA is a plus
- - Consumer products background preferably also in the Telecom & IT sector.
- - Multinational experience.
- - Strong technical background, knowledge of technical Telecom certification requirements in India
- - Hardworking, self-motivated individual to ensure compliance to Regulatory requirements for various wireless technologies (Cellular, Wi-Fi, BT, GPS, NFC, etc.).
- - Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication skills, both written & verbal
- - Ambitious and dedicated, able to work independently as well as in multi-functional teams
- - Experience and in-depth understanding of RF component level characteristics and behaviours.
- - Understanding of Antenna characteristics impact to radiated testing is a plus.
- - Familiarity with radiated test setups, radiated chamber calibration and use are also a plus.
- - Knowledge on worldwide Regulatory standards in relation to carry a product to certification is a plus.