Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple has built hyper-scale infrastructure to support consumer services such as iCloud, iTunes, Maps, Siri etc to billions of devices. Our team is responsible for defining, innovating and building the software defined infrastructure (SDI) that can deliver the scale. SDI defines the large scale distributed system for intelligent control and monitoring to achieve reliability, performance and security. Building at such scale brings unique and fundamental challenges driving radical innovations. We are seeking key individuals who are passionate about building and operating a highly scalable, fault-tolerant and robust systems to support one of the largest infrastructures. As a part of SDI team, you will be responsible to develop and running the software services that are highly available and scalable.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in hands-on development. Previous experience with web services, storage, cloud computing, and large-scale systems is a plus.
- Experience in systems side of software development. Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, architecture, memory models, and algorithms design
- Experience in building large scale and complex applications
- Experience in working with modern no-sql databases and other key-value stores
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritise, deliver on aggressive deadlines and drive closures
- Strong ability to triage and debug production issues
- Strong expertise in one of more high-level programming language such as C, Go, Rust, Python, Java and any scripting languages
- Highly proficient in git and config management system
- Build systems for operation control related to software networking functions - Build automation tools to streamline the operation of software services - Build tools to manage operations of 3rd party software -Drive and establish best practices for processes and tools - Collaborate with Network and Security Engineering and Architecture groups
Education & Experience
BE (MS/MTech is an advantage) in Computer Science