Software Engineer - Infrastructure engineering and Operations
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in best user friendly efficient way. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Retail Engineering provides one of the best Apple Experience to Customers in the world, and operates in multiple countries worldwide. We at the Retail store apps Cloud and Infrastructure engineering team strive to create and support tools and systems that enable our engineers to develop and publish software in a reliable and repeat-able way. We are looking for a passionate software engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of tools that becomes the foundation of our cloud portfolio. Are you a lifelong learner? Do you have a passion for building tools and automation? Come and join us in a fun-loving, highly motivated team and be a part of Apple’s WW retail journey.
- A genuine passion for software engineering
- Must have in-depth knowledge in OO concepts, concurrent systems and deeper understanding of memory model in JVM languages.
- Should be flexible about languages and platforms, but have production experience with JVM-based languages in Linux
- Knowledge in Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SALT stack is a plus
- Experience with developing web services based on REST standards
- Knowledgeable on CI / CD tools like Jenkins / Travis CI/ Circle CI
- Must have experience on any one of build tools like Maven /Gradle /NPM /GoDep
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Store / NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Docker / Kubernetes or any other container technology
At Retail store apps team, we build and manage large scale web and iOS applications that are used by Apple retail store employees world wide. As we expand our presence from Apple Data center to other cloud providers, we are looking for a self-driven and highly motivated software engineer to help us in this journey - Should have the ability to work in a fast-paced, mission critical environment - While the candidate will write a fair amount of code, a lot of our work will also involve operationalizing and integrating systems to get continuous delivery pipeline kicking in. - Work closely with development and QE team to understand their needs and provide constant feedback to the stakeholders - Identify performance bottlenecks by working closely with development team and help in designing fault-tolerant and resilient applications
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer science or related field.