Senior Data Engineering Manager - Cloud Platforms & Frameworks
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here Are you passionate about handling large & complex data problems, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking big data technologies? Then we are looking for you. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Business Intelligence team is looking for passionate, detail-oriented, technical savvy, energetic leader who like to think outside the box. Someone who is self motivated and ready to lead team of most talented engineers building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real- time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use a diverse technology stacks such as Snowflake, AWS, Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Single Store, Dremio, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job
- Experience in leading, hiring, developing, and building data engineering teams and providing them technical direction.
- Futuristic leader with experience building data engineering tool stack and managing their product lifecycle.
- Experience in leading multiple platform/framework teams, driving charter for the data platforms transformation/modernization.
- Experience in managing & mentoring managers, architects and senior technical ICs/leads.
- Experience in modern cloud data lakes and implementation on any of the cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Experience in cloud based data warehouse like snowflake or similar platform.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency and quality of data.
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/ Teradata/ Vertica/ SingleStore/ SnowFlake/ Hadoop
- Self-driven, highly motivated with great learnability skills and able to manage ambiguity & create clarity for the team.
- Participate, drive, delegate and track the team and its deliverables with predictability and consistency in an agile driven environment.
- Experience handling global stakeholders with ability to influence decision making.
- Experience working with data at scale (peta bytes) with big data stack and advanced programming languages is a plus
As a senior Data Engineering Manager, you will lead the teams to design, develop and implement modern cloud based data warehouse/ data lakes and influence overall data platform strategy for the organization. -Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards -Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build solutions to improve the efficiency along with that help establish industry leading data practices & standards. -Collaborate with multiple multi-functional teams and work on solutions which has larger impact on Apple business -We seek a self starter, visionary leader with strong leadership qualities. -Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non- technical multi-functional teams -You will interact with many other group’s & internal/external teams to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting rapidly changing environment -Ability to manage stakeholder communication & risk management - end to end. -Lead and mentor people and plan their career growth and focus on creating a cohesive team environment,-inspire teams to greatness with empathy. -Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 16+ years of experience in data engineering, computer science or statistics field with at least 6+ years of experience in leadership/management