Application Developer/Data Engineer, Supply Chain Systems
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. A job at Apple is unlike any you’ve ever had. You will be inspired and you will be challenged. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there is no telling what you could accomplish! We seek an Application engineer to be part of the team that builds top-notch business applications for World’s leader in Supply Chain, Apple Inc. As a part of IS&T SCI team, you will play a pivot role in building end-to-end , best-in-class software solutions for Apple Supply Chain needs varying from Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Product distribution and so on. You will partner with various internal customers to define and implement solutions that optimize our internal business processes.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in enterprise level application development using advanced Oracle database technologies.
- 5+ years of programming experience Python Data Analytics platforms, Pandas Data frames, sqlalchemy, numpy etc
- Hands on Experience with large volume databases for both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- In depth Python programming experience in building high scale enterprise level Application, specialized in queues/multiprocessing/multithreading
- Experience in Application database design/architecture (Oracle/no-sql/graph databases)
- Experience with REDIS data store, any in-memory data structure platforms
- Experience in building Django / Flask / wildfly Java based App server
- Good experience in consuming or exposing web services (i.e. SOAP, REST)
- Thorough knowledge on UNIX/Linux platforms. Scripting experience with Shell, XML , JSON, Advanced SQLs, Oracle PL/SQLs
- Experience in developing applications for Supply Chain business domain.
- Proven ability in supporting the expansion and maintenance of various Oracle database based solutions.
- Ability to successfully manage and collaborate with contractors
- Experience in several full system implementation life-cycles (Analyze, Design, Build, Test, Implement, Support).
- Ability to multi-task ,work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team.
As an Application Developer / Data Engineer you will work with application owners, developers, QA, project managers, Support teams and end users. Lead proof-of-concept and pilot implementations to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems. - Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. - He or she must be able to perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers; Develop critical system components as well as take bottom line for team’s timely deliverables quality and performance - Demonstrates solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies. - Participate in architectural design meetings for data/system integration projects - Team lead experience is a plus. Occasionally will need to handle Application Production (warranty) support. - Working with highly leveraged outsourcing model
Education & Experience
B.S / M.S in Computer Science or equivalent.