Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will be responsible for global operations within Apple’s Global Infrastructure Operations group, supporting Apple’s Global Compute Systems. You will need to demonstrate skills in cross organizational collaborations to operate and maintain the Global Compute infrastructure. You will need to develop and maintain clear documentation and procedures associated with operations and known issues.
- 3+ years Linux/UNIX systems administration in medium to large environments.(1,000+ hosts)
- Knowledge of Red Hat-based Linux
- Coordination of maintenance and event resolution efforts between customers and vendors in an enterprise environment
- UNIX-related software/scripting development in one or more of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, shell
- Proactive incident management and ticket creation based on event log and performance measures
- LPIC-1 or RHCSA
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Git
- Self-starter, motivated to learn in a dynamic environment and comfortable in a team
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Project management
Our Operations Center serves as the central point for monitoring, event management, and coordination of resolution efforts for our GIO teams. You will work with teams to investigate, identify, and implement solutions in a collaborative and challenging environment. We are looking for a highly motivated System Administrator who has the skills and experience to support Apple's global infrastructure. The engineer will need to obsess over minute details and to drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best customer experience possible. In addition to the required technical skills, this position also demand good interpersonal skills and an individual who enjoys the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience