Engineering Manager - Supply Chain Systems
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, not only our products enrich our customers lives, we are also passionate about developing applications which enrich service experience for our customers. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are a norm at Apple. Just as with our products, the same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Want to be challenged to think creatively? IS&T SCI team manages key business and technical solutions at Apple that are high performance, highly scalable, fault tolerant back-ends for critical Apple Supply Chain needs varying from Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Product distribution and so on. As Engineering Manager - Supply Chain Systems, you will be managing a small agile team of talented engineers, project managers and product managers collaborating with users to design, build, and deploy top-quality applications.
- A strong foundation in tech fundamentals with excellent problem solving skills, deep knowledge of data structures and object oriented design and development paradigms
- Strong Domain knowledge of Supply Chain functions. 10+ years of experience in the domain.
- Validated ability to encourage, train and mentor team members.
- 6+ years building backend web development using Java or Python or NodeJS.
- 4+ years experience with SQL / NoSQL databases.
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and deploying full stack (client and server side) internet-scale, distributed services
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Familiarity with optimization/solver algorithms and machine learning topics is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to provide clear and concise communication to technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Self starter with a good work ethic and leadership skills who will be a role model to others on the team
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Foster creative thinking, problem solving skills and collaboration with multi-functional teams in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguity across business and IT teams.
- Able to run multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Able to get into details of technical solutions and business requirements as required
In this role, you will Interface with application owners, developers, QA, project managers, Support teams and end users. Lead proof-of-concept and pilot implementations to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems. - Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. - You must be able to perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers; Develop critical system components as well as take bottomline for team’s timely deliverables quality and performance - Demonstrates solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies. - Participate in architectural design meetings for data/system integration projects - Team lead experience is a plus. Occasionally will need to handle Application Production (warranty) support. - Working with highly leveraged outsourcing model
Education & Experience
B.S / M.S in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 15+ years experience.