ETL Engineering Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, outstanding ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is seeking a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead a team that builds high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse system cater to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet services enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use a diverse technology stack such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job. The team member will be able think outside of the box and should have passion for building analytics solutions to enable business in making time sensitive and critical decisions.
- 12+ years experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/ Teradata/ Vertica/ Hadoop Programming
- Experience in building high quality software. Skills with Java, Python or Scala preferred
- Background in designing ETL data pipelines.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quick Experience with or advance courses on data science and machine learning is a plus
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages is a plus
- Experience developing Big Data/Hadoop applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce is a huge plus
- Experience in managing Software engineers is a must.
As ETL Engineering Manager, you will design and build data structures on MPP platform like Teradata, Hadoop to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability - Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems - Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards - Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency - Collaborate with multiple multi-functional teams and work on solutions which has larger impact on Apple business - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities - Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting rapidly changing environment - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience
B.E/B. Tech. degree or higher in a related field