Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide. At AOS, its Engineering team is responsible for the global eCommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. This is a great opportunity for talented Software Engineers with a proven track record of delivering complex software applications to work as part of a global Software Engineering team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial software engineer who will deliver projects aimed at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store.
- 10+ years of proven experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- In-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring, Play or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures and RESTFUL services, etc.
- Database schema design, and large scale platform technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop Solr and Oracle
- Experience working with Messaging Systems, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Deep knowledge in high concurrency frameworks, messaging constructs, JMS technologies
- Exposure to Commercial Cloud (AWS/Azure) development environment
- Experience in architecture and API design
- Experience in containerisation and container management
- Working within geo distributed teams a plus
As part of the AOS Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable, checkout & payment platforms that power the Apple Online Store.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in a Computer Science or related Engineering field.