Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5+ years of experience in printed circuit assembly manufacturing processes.
- Surface mount technology process knowledge including stencil printing, pick and placement process, reflow process, hotbar, robotic/laser soldering and ACF process.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit board assembly reliability concepts, failure analysis techniques like EDX, SEM and FTIR.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of various SMT processes
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools.
- Experience with any of the following: packaging technology, chip scale or wafer level chip scale packaging technology, molding process, System in package construction.
- Required to travel to multiple manufacturing sites for Apple vendors in India and in southeast Asia.
- Should have good communication skills with an ability to explain complex problems to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Should have proven good leadership role preferably in a program management roles
- Good teammate with an ability to work with multiple x-functional teams
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished PCBA DFM engineer to lead the development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product. Our PCBA DFM engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs. Key responsibilities will include: Attend development builds as required under direction of Operations Engineering Directly Responsible Individual (DRI). May provide guidance and resources to contract manufacturing (CM) partner engineers. Acts as project leader on a variety of complex projects. Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for PCBA manufacturing process, rework, and testing. Make recommendations for changes required in testing equipment (ICT and Functional test), manufacturing processes, and new testing requirements. Designs and develops technically complex new processes to improve quality and efficiency. Provides early manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturable. Activities include driving out costs in design/PCBA manufacturing tooling, influencing designs so that they are manufacturable, reducing complexity by using standard size packaging. Interface with Apple Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) Subcontractor and manage technical aspects of Volume Manufacturing builds including rework processes, with direction as necessary from Operations Engineering DRI. Ensure Apple PCBA Subcontractors/JDM partner adherence to Process Parameters and Procedures as well as approved Manufacturing and Test processes. Ensure maintenance of specified quality levels at PCBA Manufacturing sites Travel internationally to supplier sites – 30%
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering with 5 to 6 years experience working in Printed circuit board assembly or with surface mount technology at a contract manufacturer or any related experience