Data Scientist , Apple Care Online Support
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Digital team is looking for an outstanding data scientist who is interested in designing, developing and identifying data mining solutions that have direct and measurable impact to AppleCare’s support operations. AppleCare has a tremendous amount of data, and we have just begun the exploration of data in the areas of NLP, pattern detection, predictive modelling and optimization. The person in this position will work with various Online business managers to help identify viable analytical opportunities and then implement an end to end analytical solution. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The job is located in Bangalore, India
- - Hands-on experience in algorithms like Linear/Logistic, SVM, Random Forest, K-means, K-Nearest neighbour (KNN), PCA, Naive Bayes, apriori etc.
- Exposure to deep learning algorithms like Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), Long Short-Term Memory Networks (LSTMs), Stacked Auto-Encoders etc.
- Expertise in NLP concepts like Text wrangling & pre-processing, parts of speech tagging, NER and supervised & unsupervised models for Text data
- Knowledge of SQL and strong programming skills in Python or R is a must
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability and comfort working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Analyze large datasets to glean actionable insights - Focusing on solving concrete customer and business problems at scale - Design classifiers and ranking algorithms - Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis - Present results of analysis to team and leadership across Apple - Create metrics to measure the success of the service
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field or B.Tech/M.Tech/M.S. in related field with 5+ years experience applying data science techniques to real business problems.