Data Scientist , Apple Care Online Support
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Online Support Analytics team is seeking a Data Scientist for our Online Support programs. You will help define, execute, and identify insights that influence new support strategies. You will grow to be a hands-on, passionate person with a deep expertise in online analytics tools. Experience with the web, advanced machine learning or statistics, experience working with BI tools and a keen analytical mind are required for success in this dynamic environment.
- Industry experience in a Data Science role, in the areas of Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics and BI Visualizations.
- Experience in customer support, preferably online support. Exposure in defining meaningful metrics for a customer support business.
- High level proficiency with Click stream data, R, Python, Tableau and SQL.
- Knowledge of statistical methods including Logistic Regression, Multiple Linear Regression, Factor Analysis, Structural Equation Modelling, ANOVA (Design of Experiments), Time Series Methods etc.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms like: SVM, Neural Nets, Random Forest, K-means clustering, K nearest neighbour, Association Rule Learning etc.
- Familiarity with database modelling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to synthesize data from different sources for a deep understanding of opportunities.
- You need to have deep business thinking skills, with the ability to answer business questions, with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Good social, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and make key decisions on projects.
- Analyzing and evaluating the performance of key business metrics for customer support. This would include you mining data from various BI systems, analyzing implications and providing thoughtful analysis to the online support organization. - Analyze large datasets to glean actionable insights and present results of analysis to team and leadership across Apple. - Thinking deeply about ways to support new programs while improving the accuracy of our web content, ensuring data integrity, and scaling the team's analytical capabilities.
Education & Experience
- 5-8 years of research and analytics experience - MBA, Masters or Doctorate in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent professional experience.