Continuous Improvement Engineer, Maps Production Team
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Maps is changing, and data & data based optimisation is in one of the major keys. Our mission is to build the best map in the world. We work in a dynamic data-focused environment where Continuous improvement engineers are given runway to own small / big projects and drive impact across the Maps organization. We are looking for a hardworking and experienced Business analyst having flair for business process reengineering & quality management systems, to build data products (Data models, dashboards and data analysis) based project improvement solutions for driving continuous improvement projects for Operations
- 8-10 years of proven track record & experience working with data analysis & Process improvements / continuous improvement
- Experience with accessing data stored in Hadoop-Hive, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or SPARK.
- Solid understanding of SQL/HiveQL for accessing data, Tableau for presentation and R / Python for model building.
- Data modeling experience in building Logical and Physical data models, preferred
- Ability to work with large datasets to extract meaningful analysis and information.
- Preferably- Lean / Six sigma certified with experience in multi-functional project execution & mentoring exposure in international business environment with multicultural and diverse participation, being on client side
- Experience in approving vendor process improvement ideas /projects
- Project/ process control planning & risk management exposure
- Excellent stake holder management, with appropriate communication and influential skills supported by persuasive approach basis data inference
- Creative thinking with approach to problem solving & capability to work backwards basis expectations of bigger picture
- Experienced in interaction with leadership team with regards to project requirements, outcome & decision support
- Well versed with document management & data management systems
- Great teammate
- Digital Mapping operations exposure plus
- Improve process designs in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability - Data collection & existing data analysis for providing intel to business for making data driven decision - Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve, monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer - Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a stakeholder & business needs - Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production and quality of output requirements - Manage the metric pattern monitoring and review of internal processes, especially those that directly affect the quality / efficiency of the organizations products - Oversee development of consistent and impactful metrics for data and procedural health, incase required - Coordinate and consolidate Root Cause Analyses across multi-functional teams - Present strategy and status to senior management - Provide superior solution development through detailed analysis, identification of alternate delivery mechanisms and recommendation of preferred Lean Six-Sigma approaches - Ensure benefit delivery is quantified tangible outputs for business functions in individual and managed projects through effective implementation and change management for the suggestive solutions
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.