Machine Learning Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand at Apple. The iPhone Product Operations Data Team is looking for an extraordinary Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will help design and implement our machine learning strategy to the massive iPhone supply chain and help build the future of our manufacturing systems. This team will be collaborating and working with multi-functional teams and applying machine learning/data mining algorithms to large-scale data.
- Minimum three years of hands-on experience applying machine learning techniques to build models coordinated into applications or research.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning/data mining algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, etc). Experience with Image Analysis/Computer Vision is a plus.
- Understand algorithms (be able to tweak them when needed) as well as infrastructure that enables fast iterations
- Strong software development skills with proficiency in Python and R. Experienced user of libraries such as scikit-learn, scipy, R, NetworkX, Spacy, and NLTK.
- Good understand of deep learning algorithms and workflows, and experience with Torch, Caffe, MXNet, TensorFlow is a Plus.
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka and NoSQL databases a plus
- Ability to significantly present results of analyses in a clear and impactful manner
Product Operations partners with a variety of different engineering and operations teams, the ML Data Science team leads development of machine learning solutions for a variety of tasks and projects. This Data Scientist will be responsible for delivering projects from end-to-end: problem statement and conceptualization, proof-of-concept, and participation in final deployment. You will also perform ad-hoc statistical and data science analyses. You will also work closely with data engineers to generate detailed business intelligence solutions. You will be encouraged to conduct presentations of analyses to a wide range of audiences including executives.
Education & Experience
Master of Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields with 5+ years’ experience applying machine learning techniques to real business problems.