Application Reliability Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Apple’s Global Business Intelligence team is looking for an extraordinary Application Reliability Engineer (ARE) for Apple’s Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse and BI landscape caters to a wide variety of real-time, near-real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We leverage a diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. The ARE team is a focussed group tasked with ownership of overall application stability and is responsible for Problem management, Bug fixes and coordination with various stakeholders. This is hands-on role responsible for day-to-day ARE operations including fixing problem tickets and performing checks to ensure positive application health. This position will also interface significantly with Application teams, Production Support Team, System Engineers, Network Engineers and DBAs on a regular basis.
- 3+ years of overall experience in providing application development and support for on-premise and cloud based Enterprise Data warehouse applications
- Experience in 2 or more database technologies like Teradata, Oracle, Vertica, Cassandra, Hana, Hadoop and Druid
- Experience in 2 or more ETL tools like Storm, Spark and BODS
- Sound working knowledge in Snowflake/BigQuery will be huge plus
- Experience in building/supporting native Cloud applications(AWS/GCP/AZURE) is desirable
- Good programming skills in at least 2 languages viz. Java, Perl, Python, Scala
- Experience in visualization tools such as Business Objects and Tableau
- Good hands-on experience in Unix, Linux, Shell scripting, SQL, Autosys, Kafka and Splunk
- Hands on with Development to Production processes including testing, version control tools like git/svn and experience with source control, continuous integration, deployments etc.
- Good to have knowledge on messaging queues like Kafka, Geneva, Solace, Stratos etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to coordinate with multiple technical and functional users
Able to perform code fixes for problems and support activities such as incident trend analysis under minimum supervision Able to do root cause analysis, process improvements and implementation. Able to identify automation opportunities and implement to prevent incidents from recurring.
Education & Experience
B.E/B. Tech. degree or higher in a related field